What happens in a Shiatsu treatment?
- The first session will take about 1hr 15 mins and subsequent sessions will take 1hr.
- The first session will include some questions about your health and lifestyle which help the practitioner give you an appropriate treatment.
- Clothes are worn thoughout the treatment. It is best to wear loose comfortable clothing as stretching and light manipulation may be used.
- It can take place on a mattress on the floor, on a massage table or sometimes in a seated position, as appropriate.
- The treatment will be more successful if you do not drink alcohol or eat a heavy meal immediately before the treatment.
- It can also be beneficial to drink plenty of water for a few hours following the treatment.